Saturday, June 14, 2014

Gaming, Adventure Prep...not much painting.

I have sort of fallen behind on my French Indian War painting project. I had to stop to do some research for the uniforms for the Compagnie France de la Marine and also to plan how I want my white to look on their iniforms. I also have been doing some preparations for running some rpg's. This has sort of broke my momentum but I hope to get back to it soon.

I ran another session do Dragon Age with my regular group plus a group of us have organized what we are calling CottageQuest inwhich we have rented a cottage for a weekend and will be running a bunch of one shot adventures in a variety of different games. There are 10 of us going and 4 of us are running games including Star Wars Edge of the Empire, Serenity, Numenera, Dread, Continuum, Exalted, Eclipse Phase, Shadows of Esteren and Mage: The Ascension. I have been writing up a couple of adventures for the 2 sessions I will be running, Star Wars and Serenity. 

I played another game of Bolt Action. This time pitting my Russians against Eric's Germans at 1000pts. The scenario was Top Secret where there is an objective in the middle of the board and it has to be captured and carried off the board. We had to call it a little early but I felt I was getting the upper hand and I am sure the Germans were about to be rolled by the Soviet horde! 

This was the table setup. The burning jeep marked the central objective we both had to get to and return to our table edge.

Another view of the table.

Turn 1. The Russians enter from the bottom edge, the Germans at the top.

Turn 2 from the German side. Both sides are closing in. I have a sniper team in the building near the objective. You can see my casualties on the side of the board, upper left. 

Duelling tanks.

The Panzer decided to head for cover while on the other side my flamethrower is crossing the road throwing down lots of pins on the German squad.

A closer look at that squad.

The flamethrower took care of that squad and the Panzer is lending support while avoiding the ISU 152.

My flamethrower sort of stuck in the open.

Looking down the road. A flanking German half track(far end) came in surprising my forces as they were crossing the road. Fortunately it botched it's attack and my flamethrower burnt it up! His squad is getting close to the objective though.

Where we called it. I brought I'm a White Scout car on the flank carrying a small squad. It quickly dispatched a mortor crew, while his Panzer was taking pins. I am pretty sure with his failed flank move on my right I would be able to push forward to victory from here. It was a fun game.

My French officer under way.

This is the rest of the 1st unit of Compaignie de la Marine for my French force.




No comments:

Post a Comment