Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Free Comic Book Day!

Last weekend was Free Comic Book Day and this has become an annual family event. For the 3rd year in a row the whole family headed into town to visit a few comic & game stores. As has become the tradition we picked up our friend Shawn on the way in and hit our first store, Monster Comics, which also has a store wide sale. My youngest picked up some free comics and some Mario figures while my oldest bought a boardgame, Gearworld the Borderlands by Fantasy Flight Games while I picked up a couple of rpg's,13th Age by Pelgrane Press and Fiasco by Bully Pulpit Games and a couple of boardgames, Fortune and Glory by Flying Frog Games and Love Letter by AEG. We have yet to play any of these but I am looking forward to giving them a try. From there we all went for lunch and then another comic store, Strange Adventures before dropping Shawn off at one more store on our way home. A good day!

Also over the weekend I played a game of D&D 3.5 continuing the Shattered City campaign run by Suzanne and I also ran a game of the Dragon Age rpg this being the 3rd session of that campaign with a total of 4 players now that my son has joined in.

By the end of the weekend I almost felt gamed out!

I have continued painting miniatures for Muskets & Tomahawks working on a unit of 10 British infantry and the British commander but did not get a chance to finish off the unit. Hopefully I will get the time this week and then I will start the French forces.

Also this month is our annual boardgame weekend, Cottage Con, held every year at my friend's cottage. This is always a lot of fun and I am looking forward to it. Next month we are trying a similar event we are calling Cottage Quest for a weekend of RPGs' . A bunch of us are all chipping in to rent a cottage and we are planning on running a bunch of different games with a few of us taking turns being the GM's. If this works out well it will become an annual event as well.

And now a few picks of my Brits.


My commander so far.

Marching.
Firing.
All the troops that are underway.

No comments:

Post a Comment